USCIS Will No Longer Accept Current Editions of These Important Forms if Postmarked on or After October 15, 2019
As a result of the final rule on the public charge ground of inadmissibility, effective October 15, 2019, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will no longer accept current editions of the following forms if postmarked on or after October 15, 2019:
- I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (editions dated 7/15/2019 and 12/13/17);
- I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (edition dated 1/31/2019);
- I-539/I-539A, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (edition dated 2/4/2019);
- I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA (edition dated 3/6/18); and
- I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act (edition dated 3/6/18)
The new form editions of the identified forms have been revised to reflect the final rule on Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds. Unless otherwise instructed by USCIS at a later date, expect that the submission of these form editions on or after the specified date will result in rejection or denial of the application or petition.
The major issue now is that USCIS has not yet published the final versions of these revised editions. Although USCIS has published draft versions of these new form editions, we do not know how similar the draft versions will be to the final product. We will be following this closely and updates will be provided once available.